Classroom Computers & Lecterns
- Automatically shutdown everyday
- Screen savers disabled – displays shutoff after 10 mins
- CRT monitors have been replaced
- Set to sleep after inactivity
- Set to double-sided or duplex printing as default
- Release stations coming (no more forgotten print jobs)
- Total number of network printers soon to be reduced by half (summer 2016); less plug load
- Foyer and Hallway displays auto shutdown and power on every week day.
- Signage computers follow same power schedule
- Greatly reduces use of paper flyers (soon to be banned)
- How to recycle old computers [add Barbara’s letter with instruction]
- Bass Data Center and CATS work room lighting upgraded to LED fixtures (reducing heat too)
- All newly renovated classrooms (e.g., Bass 102, 105) lit with new LED fixtures.