There are 16 shared Black & White, and 4 shared Color Laserjet printers conveniently distributed throughout the Science Center. Additionally, there are 6 accessible Xerox Multifunction Devices (MFDs). All printing devices are equipped with OneCard proximity readers (MFDs also have c-Pads) and are being managed by PaperCut. The card readers allow us to provide two popular PaperCut features to our entire fleet of shared printing devices: Secure Release and Follow-Me printing.
You can securely print and release your print jobs to any shared hallway printer or Xerox MFD in the Sciences using the following THREE virtual printer queues:
- FollowMe-BW: includes all 16 black & white printers deployed throughout the Sciences
- FollowMe-Color: includes all 4 Science Center color printers (Bass Foyer, Burton/SR-135, McConnell-324, and Ford-243)
- FollowMe-MFD: includes 6 Science Center distributed MFDs
See The Fleet page for a complete listing of devices and locations.
PROS of Secure Release/Follow-Me printing & PaperCut
- Only need to install 3 virtual printers to print almost anywhere on campus
- Send a print job and securely release it at any MFD or printer in the Science Center
- No more leaving your print job on the printer for someone else to see
- No more forgetting that you printed something and then printing it again
- Less wasted paper and toner! Reduced carbon footprint!
- View your printing usage, environmental impact, and PaperCut features