State of the Lab in Spring 2021
The physical SAL (Sabin-Reed 104) will only be open during Green mode at max. 8 people. For remote software access, please refer to Software Use & Access under the FAQ. Check the lab calendar for when the computers are in use (tagged [class] or [lab]), upcoming events, and make office hours appointments. We send updates through the mapmonsters listserv (subscribe).
beyond the Map
The Spatial Analysis Lab (SAL) teaches with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) across academic divisions and engages communities of practice at Smith and beyond. We promote spatial literacy and the creative processes in critical map-making, through the use of GIS and related technologies like Global Positioning Systems (GPS), remote sensing, and drones.
WHAT WE DO...
NEW FROM THE BLOG...
- Spring 2021 Workshops March 3, 2021
- Semester Recap: Fall 2020 January 8, 2021
- GIS Day #30DayMapChallenge Day 18 Land Use November 23, 2020
- October 2020 Mystery Map Solution November 13, 2020
- Mapping a Movement: Black Lives Matter & Racial Injustice Mapping in Minneapolis November 3, 2020