State of the Lab Interterm 2022
The SAL (Sabin-Reed 104) is closed for in-person use during interterm, any remote access needs should be directed to email@example.com. Check out the Calendar for upcoming events, and subscribe to the mapmonsters listserv for SAL updates (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Please get in touch for inquiries beyond the scope of the FAQ. The SAL is offering a remote interterm course, IDP153 Introduction to GIS.
beyond the Map
The Spatial Analysis Lab (SAL) teaches with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) across academic divisions and engages communities of practice at Smith and beyond. We promote spatial literacy and the creative processes in critical map-making, through the use of GIS and related technologies like Global Positioning Systems (GPS), remote sensing, and drones.
WHAT WE DO...
NEW FROM THE BLOG...
- Wayne’s Semester Recap Fall 2021 January 7, 2022
- Address Geocoding: Mapping the Jandon Center Community Partners November 12, 2021
- Fall into a Tofurkey November 4, 2021
- Summer 2021 GIS Reflections September 23, 2021
- Art in the Time of COVID: Exploring Smith College’s Outdoor Art Collection June 1, 2021