Smith College Spatial Analysis Lab (SAL) Mission
The SAL at Smith College strives to promote awareness and understanding of spatial patterns and processes through the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technologies, including Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), and Remote Sensing. As educators, learners, and change-makers, we feel we have a responsibility to make data accessible and understandable.
- Promote Spatial Literacy across the curriculum.
- Remove barriers to accessing spatial technologies.
- Promote open data and collaboration.
- Teach effective communication of spatial data.
- Push beyond traditional boundaries and seek new, innovative applications for GIS.
- Engage and work with communities beyond Smith College to enhance co-curricular opportunities.