Welcome to the QuickAdmin page!
QuickAdmin is a group of work study students that have been hired to help anybody at the Science Center with simple office tasks. For example, they can help you with:
- Posting things on bulletin boards
- Mailings (labels, mail merge, stuffing envelopes)
- Scanning files to PDF or other electronic formats
- Sending faxes
- Replacing toner and adding paper for shared printers
- Courier service betwen Science Center Buildings or other areas on campus
- Running to UPS/Fedex with last minute items (except hazardous materials; see Margaret Rakas)
- Internet Research Projects (finding contact information for other colleges, looking for product information online, etc.)
- Other similar tasks
We have QuickAdmins based in two offices:
- Burton 115 X3940
- Ford 255 x 4105
- Email anytime: QuickAdmin@smith.edu
The schedule varies depending on course schedules, illness and other factors, but we generally have QuickAdmins on duty for at least 4 hours a day in both locations. Schedules are posted weekly in each location. Most tasks can be completed the same day or by the next business day.
Make sure any requests include your name, exactly what you need, when you need it, where you would like any work or originals sent or brought to, and your contact information in case there are any questions. At each office loaction there are forms for requesting copying and scanning, that will help you provide all of the necessary information. You can also see PDF versions here: Scan Request Copy Request.
If you have any questions or comments about this service please contact Heather McQueen at x3803 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.