The Winston Churchill Foundation of the United States awards scholarships to fund one year of graduate study in the sciences, engineering, and mathematics at the University of Cambridge. More information available here.
A non-exhaustive list of programs of study supported is provided on the Churchill Scholarship website.
Some psychology majors may find Cambridge programs of study supported by Churchill. These include: cognition and brain science, experimental psychology, physiology, development and neuroscience, clinical neuroscience, public health.
Other resources supplied by the Winston Churchill Foundation:
At least 14 scholarships are awarded each year.
- US citizens
- “Exceptional academic talent and outstanding achievement, especially in the major, as indicated by course grades.” GPA usually 3.9 or above.
- “A capacity to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the sciences, engineering, or mathematics by pursuing original, creative work at an advanced level”
- “Proven talent” in research
- Outstanding personal qualities. “…seeks applicants with what we call interesting ‘jagged edges.’”
- First step is an online application for Smith College nomination.
- A copy of the application and instructions: Qualtrics Nominations
- Guidelines for faculty recommenders: Faculty Recommendation
- Internal deadlines for Fall 2020 nomination: March 25, 2020 (Round 1), April 22, 2020 (Round 2)
<Back to Scholarships and Fellowships>