As early as possible in the semester, instructors note which classes will give self-scheduled exams for and the dates of the exam in this Google drive sheet. This helps us know how many people are giving an exam and can assist with any necessary coordination and trouble shooting, and quickly know who to ask if there are questions.
- Shortly before the exam period, instructors upload exam via the instructions linked below.
It is recommended that faculty note the total number of pages of the exam on the first page so students can be sure they have printed the complete exam. Please include the word “exam” in the filename for exams that your students will print in Seelye. This will make it much easier for us to track and troubleshoot exam queue printing. Please contact Joe Bacal with any questions/problems with the exam upload process (firstname.lastname@example.org, x3301)
- Prior to the start of the exam period, instructors go to Seeyle and add a label to one of the two lock boxes in the hallway outside Seeyle B8 with the course, their name and the dates of the exam. There are labels for each course subject that can be reused and lots of blanks stored in a pouch on the side of each drop box (no need to use the back of a crumpled receipt). We only have 12 boxes. Whenever possible, please consolidate multiple sections of a course that have an exam at the same time. When you pick up your exams and the exam is finished, please remove the insert with the exam name so that your colleagues know that the box is available.
- As soon as possible at the end of the exam period, instructors pick up exams from the lock box in the hallway. Email email@example.com if you need the combination.
Click here for step by step instructions on how to set up your exam for the direct print no-download printing.
Below are the details of where to go and how to turn in your exam.
- Hours and Access: Seeyle and B8 are accessible 24/7 for Smith students via OneCard and door swipes. Student workers are available in Seelye to help with problems or questions Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM to 9:30 PM, Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Saturday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Sunday from 1:00pm to 9:00pm. They also stock the printers with paper and toner. The two exterior doors with card readers at Seeyle Hall are open 6:30am-11:00pm 7 days a week (excluding observed Holidays when the campus is officially closed Independence day, Labor Day, Monday of Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day). Seeyle B8 is accessible to students without a OneCard for exam printing Monday-Thursday 5:00pm to 9:30pm, Saturdays 8:00am to 4:30pm and Sundays 1:00pm to 9:00pm excluding the weekend of Fall and Thanksgiving Breaks. Non Smith students should be prepared to show their ID from their home institution.
- Immediately after printing the exam, students take the exam on the third floor of Seelye after 5:00 PM Monday through Friday anytime Saturday and Sunday. The 3rd floor classrooms in Seelye (301,302,304,306,308,310,311,312, and 313) have been reserved as a quiet study area during these times. These spaces are not available Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM because of regularly scheduled classes. The exception is Seeyle 310 which is reserved for exams Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays 12:00-4:00 pm and Seeyle 311, Fridays 1:00-4:00pm. Unfortunately there was no space available Thursdays during the day.
- Immediately upon completion of the exam, students return to the Seelye basement hallway, manually time stamp and staple the exam (stamp and stapler are attached to the top of the lock box), and place the exam in the slot labeled with the corresponding course subject.