beyond the Map
The Spatial Analysis Lab (SAL) teaches with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) across academic divisions and engages communities of practice at Smith and beyond. We promote spatial literacy and the creative processes in critical map-making, through the use of GIS and related technologies like Global Positioning Systems (GPS), remote sensing, and drones.
WHAT WE DO...
Students Taught (2018-2019 academic year)
Classes Annually (5 year average)
Drone Flights Total (to present)
NEW FROM THE BLOG...
- Semester Recap: Fall 2020 January 8, 2021
- GIS Day #30DayMapChallenge Day 18 Land Use November 23, 2020
- October 2020 Mystery Map Solution November 13, 2020
- Mapping a Movement: Black Lives Matter & Racial Injustice Mapping in Minneapolis November 3, 2020
- October 2020 Mystery Map October 22, 2020