beyond the Map
The Spatial Analysis Lab (SAL) teaches with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) across academic divisions and engages communities of practice at Smith and beyond. We promote spatial literacy and the creative processes in critical map-making, through the use of GIS and related technologies like Global Positioning Systems (GPS), remote sensing, and drones.
WHAT WE DO...
Students Taught (2018-2019 academic year)
Classes Annually (5 year average)
Drone Flights Total (to present)
NEW FROM THE BLOG...
- October 2020 Mystery Map October 22, 2020
- Climate Cost Project GIS Volunteer October 19, 2020
- Finding Trees for the Forest October 5, 2020
- Local Government Redistricting Project, 2020-2022 September 24, 2020
- Geospatial Internship & Fulltime Positions at Travelers Insurance September 24, 2020