The application period for the 2014-2015 Spatial Analysis Fellowship is now closed. Information about the 2015-2016 Fellowship will be added to this page when available, which will not be before December 2014.
Smith College invites applications for a 12-month post-baccalaureate fellowship, with possibility for an additional year, in the Spatial Analysis Lab (part of the Environmental Science and Policy Program). We seek candidates who are enthusiastic about applying map visualization, spatial analysis, and spatial data collection techniques across the curriculum.
The successful candidate will have strong previous coursework and research experience using spatial analysis and/or GIS; feel comfortable managing, analyzing, and presenting data in ArcGIS; and be enthusiastic about exploring the role of mapping and spatial analysis in a variety of contexts and academic disciplines. Experience analyzing geospatial data in programs other than ArcGIS (such as open source GIS, statistical/spatial-statistical, remote sensing, or GPS software) is highly desirable. During the fellowship year, the Spatial Analysis Fellow will have the opportunity to gain additional depth and breadth in GIS methods while developing their teaching and research skills.
The position is only open to recent graduates from any institution (not just Smith); the Fellow must hold a B.S. or a B.A. by June 2014, and have graduated no earlier than 2012. For more information, read the full job description. Please make note of the following important dates and application requirements:
- Application period opens: December 16, 2013
- Applications due: February 15, 2014 Application Period is Now Closed
Submit at Smith College Careers:
- Cover letter (1-2 pages) explaining your interest in the position and detailing relevant experience
- Resumé or CV
- Unofficial transcript (upload under “Other Documents” section)
Submit via Email:
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members, advisors, or mentors who know you in an academic or professional setting.
- Please note: the process for submitting recommendation letters is separate from the online application form on the Careers@Smith website. Recommenders should email letters of recommendation directly to the Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about submitting recommendation letters, see the information for recommenders page.