October Mystery Map: “Fifty Nifty United States”
What do the eleven orange states have in common?
In elementary school, we learned that there are “fifty nifty United States” … but some of these states are not like the others! Use your map-reading and critical thinking skills to figure out what this map shows. Check out the interactive map below (you can zoom in and out, and click on the states for some hints) and then enter your guess using the link below!
Please be patient, the maps takes a moment or two to display.
Take a look at the map, and then click here to guess what the map shows for a chance to win fabulous prizes*.
*Only members of the Smith College community are eligible to win prizes.
The first person to correctly guess this month’s mystery map can choose between:
- GIS Virtual Campus Course from ESRI (~$100 value)
- Admission to a Spatial Analysis Lab GIS or GPS Workshop (priceless!, but generally free)
- Consultation on making your own map (priceless)
- Admiration of your peers (and a resume builder)
- A 24 x 36 inch copy of the Mystery Map (expensive!)