Your interests and personal circumstances will guide you to many opportunities for graduate school scholarships and fellowships.
Use some of the databases listed below to find your opportunities.
- Fellowships Program. Provides information and supports students across the College who are qualified to compete for prestigious opportunities as the Fulbright, Rhodes, Marshall, and Mitchell.
- Lazarus Center for Career Development. In particular: look at “Graduate & Professional School” to start learning the landscape of graduate school.
Explore Financial Support in Graduate School.
For NASA-supported internships, fellowships and scholarships: http://intern.nasa.gov
For opportunities specifically in the Ocean Sciences: List compiled by Pathways to Science project of the Institute for Broadening Participation: http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/oceanscience.aspx
For opportunities specifically in Engineering: List compiled by Pathways to Science project of the Institute for Broadening Participation: http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/engineering.aspx
Don’t neglect sources of tips on applying and associated resources.
- Pathways to Science project of the Institute for Broadening Participation: http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/toolbox.aspx
- A personal statement is likely to be required. Check out the Lazarus resources on personal statements.
Scholarship and fellowship resources for all students.
The links below provide lists of LOTS of opportunities for international students as well as US citizens and permanent residents.
- Smith College Fellowships Program
- Graduate school grants and fellowships for US and international students (developed by Office of External Fellowships, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; guide to use here)
- Opportunities for international students are detailed http://bit.ly/NonUSCitizenFellowships
- STEM scholarship opportunities (primarily for US citizens) are detailed in the National Academies’ webpage and federal STEM scholarship, fellowship, and internship opportunities
Key to your success is talking with your advisors!