What does your policy look like?

Back in February 2007 I asked one of my student assistants to generate a new map for the mystery map series.  At that time I was very interested in visualizing administrative policies manifestation on the landscape.  All too often, policies are created and enacted without any insight as to how they will overlay on the […]

Watering the rain

photo taken June 09 2009 Seeing the sprinklers water the lawn after 0.3″ of rain the other day got me thinking there has to be a better way. I’ll admit that I don’t know how or when the sprinklers are set to water, but this is 2009 and we are Smith College!! Why not have […]

Springtime on Campus

What a great time of year. A time to relax, reflect, and smell the springtime flowers. Oh, and yes, there a plenty of opportunities to take in that pesticide residue smell… 🙁 Note: photos are geotagged. Download this Google Earth file (pesticides2009.kmz) so you can plan ahead, or around, if you like 😉 ——————————————————————————————————–

Geography Lesson for Legislators

Illustrating those same data on a map, which ironically, had not been done before, demonstrated the inequities of the proposals and actually helped generate better funding for the disadvantaged districts.