The Spatial Analysis Lab at Smith College strives to promote awareness and understanding of spatial patterns and processes through the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technologies, including Global Positioning Systems (GPS), and Remote Sensing. Our objectives are:
- Promote spatial literacy across the curriculum
- Remove barriers to accessing spatial technologies
- Promote open data and collaboration
- Teach effective communication of spatial data
- Push beyond traditional boundaries and seek new, innovative applications for GIS
- Engage and work with communities beyond Smith College to enhance co-curricular opportunities
The SAL is physically located at 42°19’3.42″ North, 72°38’22.86″ West (WGS84).
Our conventional address is Sabin-Reed Hall 104, 44 College Lane. Need directions and parking guidance?