General Printing and PaperCut Terminology
- cPad — Touchscreen module(s) with an integrated PaperCut interface that plug into the desired printer or MFD via an access port. cPad terminals are a hardware neutral solution and can turn almost any printing device into a PaperCut tracked and controlled machine.
- FollowMe Printing — Users print to a virtual print queue, then release jobs at any affiliated printer wth a release station. Essentially, FollowMe asks the print job to find the user, rather than having the user find the printer.
- Mobile Printing — in development; stay tuned!
- PaperCut — Printing & copying management system
- Printer Driver — Software that provides you the ability to print to specific physical printer models and/or virtual printers
- Printer Queue — A print queue is a list of printer output jobs held in a reserved memory area. It maintains the most current status of all active and pending print jobs.
- Printer Server — A device that connects printers to client computers over a network
- PPD — PostScript Printer Description files are created by vendors to describe the entire set of features and capabilities available for their PostScript printers
- Proximity Card Reader — Integrated PaperCut/OneCard interface.
- Secure Release— Print jobs are released when a user presents and taps their OneCard at a print device
- Virtual Queue — a single site-wide queue comprised of a collective of many physical printers
- Web Print — Enables you to print from your personally owned device
- Web Release — Or “Release Pending Jobs” is an option in the Papercut user area for Faculty and Staff to pre-release a print job to a selected printer instead of needing to swipe at the device. This feature is still in development and not officially enable. Stay tuned.