The MicroSMITHie is Dr. Kristen Dorsey’s research lab in the Picker Engineering Program at Smith College in Northampton, MA. Smith College is the first women’s college in the US to host an ABET-accredited engineering program.
The MicroSmithie has two missions:
- Train undergraduate Smith students to undertake self-directed research projects
- Design, characterize, and model miniature and micro-scale devices
Our research interests are MEMS, micro- and miniature-scale chemical sensors, and stretchable and wearable sensors
- Kristen will speak at the January 2018 SciTech Cafe about her work in soft sensors! January 22 6 PM
- Kristen will attend the 2017 IEEE Sensors conference in Glasgow, UK, to present the paper “Mechanical isolation structures for soft elastomer components” See you there!
- Meng and Becky will attend the 2017 MIT IEEE Undergraduate research conference
- Kristen was the guest on the Embedded.FM podcast episode 214, “Tiny Sensor Problems“
- Kristen will be attending the Robotics Science and Systems Material Robotics workshop.
- Dan attended the MIT IEEE Undergraduate research conference to present her paper in November 2016. Congrats, Dan!
- Kristen will be attending the 2016 annual NSBE Convention in Boston, MA. Hope to see you there!
Updated 2 Jan 2018