The MicroSMITHie is Dr. Kristen Dorsey’s research lab in the Picker Engineering Program at Smith College in Northampton, MA. Smith College is the first women’s college to develop an ABET-accredited engineering program.
The MicroSmithy has two missions:
- Train undergraduate Smith students to undertake self-directed research projects
- Design, characterize, and model miniature and micro-scale devices
Our research interests are MEMS, micro- and miniature-scale chemical sensors, and stretchable and wearable sensors
- Our conference paper “Mechanical Isolation Structures for Soft Elastomer Components” will appear at IEEE Sensors conference in Nov 2017 in Glasgow.
- Kristen will be attending the Robotics Science and Systems Material Robotics workshop.
- Dan attended the MIT IEEE Undergraduate research conference to present her paper in November 2016. Congrats, Dan!
- Kristen will be attending the 2016 annual NSBE Convention in Boston, MA. Hope to see you there!
Updated 18 July 2017