How Do Sponsors Benefit?
- Increase staffing on an existing, postponed or prospective project
- Collaborate with a team of talented, motivated women engineers at the nation’s first ABET-accredited engineering program at a women’s college
- Retain all intellectual property affiliated with the project
Notes for Prospective Sponsors
Projects are completed by a team of three to four students working for two semesters (September-May), or the equivalent of 800 to 1,000 person-hours. The best projects:
- are self-contained or smaller components of a larger project, but can be completed within an academic year
- have a major design component, rather than focusing on data collection or analysis
- do not involve classified materials or require clearance
Technical liaisons are an integral component in the Design Clinic. The best liaisons possess the relevant technical background, have access to senior technical and management people, are able to spend an average of 1-2 hours weekly, and enjoy working with students.
To propose a Design Clinic project, please contact us! We’ll be happy to discuss project logistics, funding, and feasibility with you.