Back To Main XGrid Page
This page is maintained by Dominique Thiebaut of the Computer Science Dept., at Smith College, and is intended for setup information, and programming examples for the Xgrid system
Programming the XGrid Cluster at Smith College
XGrid Programming Examples on the Web
- Molecular Docking on OpenMacGrid - Part I: the Open XGrid system from Mac Research: Rob Yang, from the Marshall lab in the Washington University in St Louis, introduces the project he has been running on OpenMacGrid in the last few weeks. Rob is using computers for virtual screening of compounds that could become useful drugs for the treatment of human diseases.
Setup & Tutorials
Setup tips for Smith users
- Ganglia host at Smith (for monitoring)
- IP addresses of XGrid workstations
- Displaying X11 graphics applications running on a Linux or XGrid machine on your Windows or Mac home/office computer.
- Setting up a MAMP (MacOS-X-Apache-MySql-Php) System on a Smith XGrid Mac Pro
- How to mount my CS home directory on my Xgrid Mac
- Connecting to your XGrid MacPro from outside Smith. You may find this video explaining how to connect to the Mac remotely useful.
- Installing Xserve 10.5 admin tools
- Programming the XGrid with a Ruby script
- XGrid at MIT: a nice tutorial on the basic commands to use an XGrid system.
- OpenMPI and the XGrid
- XGrid Tutorial, Part I from MacResearch. A good place to start.
- XGrid Tutorial Part II describes a nice application, GridStuffer, which provides a simple interface for submitting jobs to the XGrid.
- Tutorials from Wooster.edu on using the command line, and writing C++ programs and shell scripts for the XGrid (skip to Section 2.3).
- XGrid Admin and High Performance Computing document (PDF)
- Apple Xgrid
- Apple Xgrid FAQ
- Stanford Xgrid
- Utah Xgrid