103b bd 2012
Demolition PC Lab Report
Computer Model: DELL DHS
- Parts visible after removing cover: motherboard, fans, RAM, power supply, hard disk, optical drive, wires.
- Intel Pentium 4
- Model Number M342C45
- Location: Under the fan
- Location: There are two crystals on the motherboard.
- One close to the processor.
- The other is near the RAM.
- They regulate the energy going into the processor, making sure it does not overheat.
- Controls frequency of processor.
The Random Access Memory (RAM)
- 512 MB
- Located: on the motherboard
The Power Supply
- Location: Next to the motherboard.
- Max Watt is 210
- Power supply runs the computer and makes it possible for it to function.
The Mother Board
- Location: Acts as base of computer, located next to power supply.
- Lines on motherboard are binary information.
The Hard Disk
- Location: On the cover, on top of the power supply (when closed).
- It is a silver disk, similar to a cassette that stores information after the computer is shut off.
The Optical Disk (DVD/CD player/burner)
- Functions as a DVD and CD drive and burner.
- Location:On the cover.
- The cables convert electricity and the tape-like ribbons transports bits of data to the motherboard.
- To class page, click here
- To class wikis, click here
- How stuff works article about core computer components, click here