103b aa 2012f
The Mother Board is one of the biggest visible part when taking a PC apart. In the Mother Board we are able to find:
- The Processor
- The Random Access Memory (RAM)
- The Small Battery
- Two Crystals
- Brand: Intel
- Premium 4
The Processor is the hottest part of a computer. It is located in the Mother Board, under a small fan to help it cool down. The Processor needs to be under the small fan because the Processor get very hot due to all the information that accumulates.
- The Processor has four parts:
- Accumulator (AC)
- Instruction Register (IR)
- Program Counter (PC)
Random Access Memory (RAM)
- The RAM is a computer's memory
- It is full with code actions
- It's codes are made of in binary numbers
According to[(http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahty.html)From Wikipedia article on RAM] the Random Access Memory (RAM) provides space for your computer to read and write data and if you add more RAM to your computer, you reduce the number of times your CPU must read data from your hard disk. This usually allows your computer to work considerably faster, as RAM is many times faster than a hard disk.
Location: Mother Board next to the RAM The Crystal sends messages (vibrations) to the Processor that helps it work faster.
Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
According to Wikepedia article on Hard Disk Drive an HDD consists of one or more rigid ("hard") rapidly rotating discs (platters) coated with magnetic material. Magnetic heads arranged on a moving actuator arm read and write data to the surfaces. The read-write heads are supported on a thin layer of air inside the enclosed disk unit with only tiny gaps between the heads and the disk surface.
- It contains magnetic energy
- It comes in different sizes (This one has 40 GB)
- Storages memory
Optical Disk (DVD/CD player/burner)
The Optical disk is power by the cables that are connected from the power supply. This Optical Drive reads DVDs and CDs.
- It sends energy to different parts of the computer through wires.
- It is located next to the Mother Board.
- This particular Power Supply is able to output 108 watts
The cables are connected from the Power Supply to:
- The Mother Board
- Hard Disk Drive
- Floppy Disk
The cables transport the energy use by the different parts of the computer.
- The Small Battery is located in the Mother Board
- The Small Battery is for the computer internal clock